Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3/31/10- 15-5's

3/31/10

Team Assigned Tasks: On Thursday (3/25) our team met to discuss the formative evaluation plan. By the end of this conversation, this task was only 75% complete because we still needed to work out several details. At this meeting we also discussed some recent comments from our SME about our Analysis Report and some issues with our project development. The discussion about the Analysis Report was 100% complete and the discussion on project documentation was only 50% complete. On Saturday (3/27) I spent several hours working on formative evaluation documents. The Observation Notes Form, Attitude Survey, SME Notes Form, and Interview Protocol are 100% completed. On Sunday (3/28) our team met virtually to discuss the progress of our unit. At this meeting we discuss our formative evaluation plan, our project schedule, and some formatting issues with our project design. By the end of this meeting all of these issues were resolved 100%. On Sunday night I also worked on making formatting changes to our project storyboards. On Monday (3/29) I worked on making some of the SME suggested corrections to our Analysis report. These changes were 100% complete. On Tuesday (3/30) I worked on creating a webpage for our Formative Evaluation and for our team 15/5 for this week. Both of these were 75% complete and still needed to be uploaded onto the Internet. Finally, on Wednesday (3/31) I worked on updating our team schedule and uploading all of our team webpage changes to the Internet.

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project development
  • Contributed to discussion on project documentation
  • Created several documents to be used during our formative evaluation
  • Made corrections to formatting issues on project storyboards
  • Made SME suggested corrections to Analysis Report
  • Created a Formative Evaluation webpage
  • Created a week 8 team 15/5 webpage
  • Updated other components of team webpage

Understanding:

As we get closer to the end of the trimester I become more aware and appreciative of having a project schedule. This week, in our group discussions, there were several times where we needed to refer to our project schedule and our Gantt chart to make sure we were going to be able to complete the project on time. Although we are still looking pretty good in terms of the time that we have, it is nice to be able to have a visual to see what we have accomplished and what we still need to accomplish.

Applying:

I can use what I am learning about the importance of a project schedule in all future instructional design projects. I can use it to understand that even if I or my team are not able to stay exactly on track with the project schedule it is still very useful in terms of knowing what needs to be completed.

Evaluating:

I think that I am doing really good work with my team. This week, I am particularly proud of the formative evaluation documents that I worked with and some of the formatting changes that were made to the project storyboard. I also think that our team becomes more adhesive each week and have really begun to have more flow.

Creating:

The next thing we need to get completed is a complete and working instructional unit. Once we have a complete unit developed we can begin the formative evaluation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment