Monday, April 5, 2010

4/7/10- 15-5's

4/7/10

Team Assigned Tasks: On Thursday (4/1) our class did not meet and neither did our group. Instead our group e-mailed each other to discuss some responsibilities for each team member and to discuss some of the progress of our unit. Kristy had some updates on the development of our unit for us to look at. Amanda was going to work on some treatment report components and I was responsible for creating our Interface Rating Form. On Friday (4/2) our team received the feedback from our SME and were less than thrilled with some of her responses. As a team we decided to individually review each of the SME responses and that we would discuss them on Sunday (4/4). On Saturday (4/3) I created an Interface Rating Form for our SME. I would say that this was 75% complete. I had two questions that I wanted to ask the team when we met on Sunday (4/4). On Sunday (4/4) I reviewed over our SME’s responses from the SME review. I made comments and questions based on her responses to discuss with the team during our team meeting. Later on Sunday (4/4) our team met to discuss our SME’s responses from the SME review and to decide what elements we needed to change and which elements we should keep. On Monday (4/5) I made corrections to our Interface Rating Form based on team suggestions. The Interface Rating Form is now 100% complete. I also added elements to our treatment report and added a reference page to the team website. The treatment reports and reference page are now about 75% complete. On Monday (4/5) I also made several other small edits to our team website. On Tuesday (4/6) I added the site map that Amanda created to our treatment report webpage. The treatment report is now 100% complete. On Wednesday (4/7) I made small updates to our team webpage (schedule, new team 15/5, etc…) and published it online.

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project development
  • Contributed to discussion on project documentation
  • Created a Interface Rating Form
  • Reviewed and made comments on SME Review results
  • Discussed what edits needed to be made based on SME Review
  • Added content to Treatment Report webpage
  • Created References webpage
  • Created a week 9 team 15/5 webpage
  • Updated other components of team webpage

Understanding:

This week I gained more of an understanding about the importance of having a SME Review. In our particular circumstance, our SME is very knowledgeable about Long John Silver’s and their training program. However, our SME is not really an “expert” in Shortening Maintenance. I believe this has caused an issue for both our group and our SME. I also think that there may have been different expectations between our SME’s expectations and our team’s expectations. This has taught me about why it is important to have good communication between the SME and the Instructional Designer. It has also taught me the importance of early meetings and having the SME view storyboards early.

Applying:

I can use this knowledge in future Instructional Design projects. This will help me in the future to select appropriate experts in each area that the unit deals with. I will also be more aware of the importance of my communication with SME’s and why early contact and early expectations are made clear. I know also will know in future Instructional Design projects to have storyboards available early to SME’s.

Evaluating:

I think both my group and myself are doing a wonderful job right now. Our project is really starting to look amazing. We may need to spend some time speaking with our SME about her review comments and why we made some changes and did not make others.

Creating:

The next thing our group needs to work on is conducting our One-on-One trials and Small-Group trials. After these have been completed, we will need to analyze the data and make changes accordingly to make our unit the most effective it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment