Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4/21/10- 15/5

Team Assigned Tasks: On Thursday (4/15) our team met before class. At this meeting we discussed the results of the small group trial. The results were largely positive. We also discussed any changes we needed to finalize before we submitted our final unit to the client. The last thing that we needed to talk about was our PowerPoint presentation for the project showcase. Our discussions about the small group trials and needed changes were 100% complete and our showcase discussion was about 50% complete. On Saturday (4/17) I worked on creating a PowerPoint template for our project showcase. This template was completed 100%. On Sunday (4/18) I worked on creating an introduction for our showcase. Although the showcase still needs work, the introduction was completed 100%. I also worked on starting our evaluation report and uploading new images for our treatment report. The evaluation report is less than 50% complete, but the treatment report is now 100% complete. On Monday (4/19) I began creating some preliminary web pages for the evaluation and formative evaluation report. Both of these report web pages are less then 50% complete. On Tuesday (4/20) I worked on some preliminary pages for the team 15/5 and worked on combining the introduction and conclusion sections of our showcase PowerPoint. The 15/5 page was only 50% complete and the showcase PowerPoint was 75% complete. On Wednesday I reviewed some team member suggestions for the showcase PowerPoint and sent it to Dr. Grant and finalized the team 15/5 webpage. I also updated the team schedule page. All of these are now 100% complete.

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project development and showcase presentation
  • Discussed what edits needed to be made based on Small Group Trial
  • Created a template for our showcase PowerPoint
  • Created an introduction for our showcase presentation
  • Worked on our evaluation report
  • Created some preliminary web pages for evaluation and formative evaluation reports
  • Worked on combining all pieces of the showcase presentation
  • Created a week 11 team 15/5 webpage
  • Updated other components of team webpage

Understanding:

This week I learned about preparing a presentation for an instructional design project. I learned that we need to be able to describe the problem to an audience that is unfamiliar with the project. I also learned that it is appropriate to demonstrate the project to the audience and that the audience does not need to see the entire project. I also learned about presenting the results to the audience.

Applying:

I can use this knowledge in future when I am presenting a final instructional unit to a client. This will be very useful in the “real world” when I actually need to show my final work to a client and defend its success.

Evaluating:

I think that we as a group are doing very well. Our project was very successful and looks great. All of our team members worked hard and were driven to make this project a success. I think that I have provided great contributions to this team.

Creating:

The last things that our team needs to create are our project evaluation report and the formative evaluation report.

No comments:

Post a Comment