Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4/14/10-15/5's

4/14/10

Team Assigned Tasks: On Thursday (4/8) our team met prior to class. At this meeting we discussed the results of the one-on-one trials and what we needed to correct prior to the small group trials. Discussions on these corrections were 50% complete. On Saturday (4/10) our team communicated via e-mail to discuss the changes that were made on our unit as a result of our one-on-one trials. The discussions on unit corrections for the small group trial are now 100% complete. On Saturday I also worked on creating a summary of our unit for the project showcase. This summary was 75% complete because it still required a few names from the evaluation participants. On Tuesday (4/13) I reviewed the summary of our unit and e-mailed it to Dr. Grant. The summary of our unit is now 100% complete. On Wednesday (4/14) I made updates to the team website with a new team 15/5 and updated our team schedule. These updates are 100% complete.

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project development
  • Discussed what edits needed to be made based on One-on-One Trial
  • Created a unit summary for the project showcase
  • Created a week 10 team 15/5 webpage
  • Updated other components of team webpage

Understanding:

This week I learned more about the importance of formative evaluations. I believe the information that we received from the One-on-One trials will be very valuable to our unit. The One-on-One trial gave our team some of the first results as to the quality of our unit and gave us suggestions on what we need to change. The changes that we have made as a result of the One-on-One trials have made our unit better.

Applying:

I can use this knowledge in future instructional design projects. Hopefully, my experiences and successes with the formative evaluation process will help me to see and understand its value when I move into instructional design projects in the “real world”.

Evaluating:

I believe that both my group and myself are doing very well. I believe that our project will be seen as an overwhelming success. I think that our team has worked hard and accomplished a lot this semester.

Creating:

The last things that our group needs to do are analyzing the results from our formative evaluation and complete a project evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment