Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3/3/10- 15/5's

3/3/2010

Team Assigned Tasks: On Thursday (2/25) our team met before class to discuss some of our project documentation and to discuss the on-going development of our project. Each of these tasks are only 50% complete because they still have work to be done. On Sunday (2/28) our team met virtually via Skype to discus the Content Analysis and work collaboratively to complete the Content Analysis. When we had finished our meeting on Sunday I would say that we were 50% complete. Most of the content had been written, however we still needed to work on the curriculum map and add our Content Analysis to our team website. On Monday (3/1) I began working on adding the Content Analysis to our team website. I did not complete this task yet so this is only 50% complete. On Tuesday (3/2) I continued to work on adding the Content Analysis to the website. This time I spent more hours working on it. I nearly finished the Content Analysis this time, however it was still missing the curriculum map. I would say that after Tuesday, adding the Content Analysis to the website was 75% complete. On Wednesday (3/3) our team met with Dr. Grant to discuss the progression of our project and any complications that we are having. This meeting is 100% complete, however our team will continue to utilize help from Dr. Grant and other knowledgeable people. On Wednesday I also worked on adding our team 15/5 to the website, updating the team schedule, and making some adjustments to our Content Analysis. Although as of right now I have not received the curriculum map for our Content Analysis, I am hoping that I will be getting that later tonight and will also add that to the Content Analysis. I would say that each of these components are now 100% complete.

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project documentation and development
  • Worked on the Content Analysis collaboratively with team
  • Added Content Analysis to team website
  • Met with the team and Dr. Grant to discus project progression
  • Made various other edits and updates to team website

Understanding:

I think this week I continued to learn about the various aspects of team dynamics. I honestly generally prefer to work alone. I like to have greater control over what I am working on and not have to rely on others or depend on other people. I also like to work within my own time frame. However, this week while working with my team on the Content Analysis I was really impressed at how easily we could accomplish this task when all three members of the team were adding their own thoughts and contributions. I am also beginning to realize that all of my team members have other responsibilities and other issues going on it their life. This helped me gain a better appreciation of why we all have to work together to get this project accomplished. There is really no way that it could be done at this quality, in this time frame without all members contributing.

Applying:

I can use this new knowledge and appreciation for teamwork right away within my own current job. I can also use it in all other future jobs or instructional design work.

Evaluating:

I think that I have done a good job so far in contributing to my team and this project. I believe that I continue to do well with maintaining the team website. I look forward to improving my teamwork skills and web development skills in the future.

Creating:

The next steps will be to continue to work on developing our instructional unit. We will soon have the various media elements required for our project. This will mean that a lot of time and effort will soon be put into developing our actual instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment