Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3/24/10- 15-5's

Team Assigned Tasks: On Thursday (3/18) our team met prior to class to discuss the progression of our unit. The editing and development of our unit’s video and of our storyboards for our instructional unit were the major topics discussed. Our video editing and storyboards are still in the creation process so this task is only 50% complete. On Saturday (3/20) I spent several hours working on storyboard updates for two sections of our instructional unit. This process is probably 75% complete because although additional edits will need to be made, the storyboards contain most of the information and the appearance they need. On Sunday (3/21) our team met virtually to discuss the instructional strategy and treatment report. Both of these are now 100% complete. We also discussed some issues with our storyboards. This process is again about 75% complete. On Monday (3/22) I worked on making some corrections on our storyboards (75% complete) and began some work on additional webpages for our team website (25% complete). On Tuesday (3/23) I finished creating webpages for instructional strategy and our treatment report. This process is 75% complete because they were not uploaded to the Internet at this time. On Wednesday (3/24) I uploaded all new and updated webpages to the Internet (100% complete).

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project development
  • Created and edited storyboards for instructional unit
  • Added comments about project development and documentation
  • Created and edited pages for our team website

Understanding:

I continued to learn about the usefulness of teams. While working on our unit’s storyboards our collective team thoughts and design ideas were much better than any of our individual ideas. This week, the idea that two heads are better than one was further reinforced in terms of our unit’s design. Together, I believe our team has come up with a lot of good ideas and design features for our instructional unit.

Applying:

I can apply this new knowledge about the usefulness of teams any time I am working with a group of people. Feedback from team members can be very useful in developing better projects than those that I would come up with on my own. This week I also add some issues with WebDAV. I had to come up with another way to get the team website uploaded. I can use that knowledge in any other future web-based projects.

Evaluating:

I think I did really well with our unit’s storyboards. Many of the ideas and design features I suggested will be incorporated into our final unit. However, there were many design features that my team was able to come up with that I did not. I need to work on think more outside of the box.

Creating:

Our next steps are to continue to develop a working storyboard of our project and begin the development of our actual instructional unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment