Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/17/10- 15-5's

3/17/10

Team Assigned Tasks
: On Wednesday (3/3) our team met with Dr. Grant to discuss the progression of our team project. During these discussions we discussed some of our current problems or issues we need to work out. Among the top issues our team needs to work on is securing a way for developing our instructional unit and a way for data to be collected. On Tuesday (3/9) our team met early at a Long John Silver (LJS) restaurant in Jackson, TN to collect the necessary media for our unit. This included taking digital still images and video of LJS employees completing shortening maintenance tasks. My role during this meeting was to record video. Also, on Tuesday (3/9) I worked on an early version of the video introduction to our unit. I was given a copy of the MPEG 4 format and worked on transferring it to a .flv format. On Tuesday (3/16) I read and added comments to our instructional strategy. Additionally, on Tuesday I also made edits and added my design ideas to a storyboard that may be used for our instructional unit.

Reflection:
Remembering: This week I…

  • Contributed to discussions on project issues and problems
  • Helped capture video and other media
  • I worked on transferring file types to something that would be usable in flash
  • Added some comments to our instructional strategy
  • Made edits and applied my design ideas to our storyboard

Understanding:

This week I believe the biggest thing I learned is about the scope of a project and all the people that a project can include and will effect. Prior to capturing our media, it seemed as though the only ones really participating in this endeavor and benefiting from it was my group members and myself. However, when I showed up to LJS last week and found a store full of employees, our project client, and other members of LJS administration I felt like the project was much larger and could see how this project may affect many people. Suddenly the project seemed much more real than it had previously. I can now see how one well-constructed instructional unit could be used by many people.

Applying:

I can use this new knowledge in future instructional design projects. Hopefully, this new knowledge will help me to have a better appreciation of all the people that are used in the development of an instructional unit and all the people that can benefit from an instructional unit.

Evaluating:

I think that I have done a good job so far with my various roles and responsibilities. However, I am looking forward to taking more of an active role in the development of our project as we begin to go into the stretch of trying to complete our instructional unit.

Creating:

The next steps will be to continue to work on developing our instructional unit. We also need to continue to develop the proper documentation for our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment